Feedback from letting 2 of my kids play though (Caleb, 13 & Devon, 10). There is a video/commentary from Caleb's second-ish playthough (I'll email you a link to it.) Some notes from watching both of them play:
- Too easy to skip things accidentally in the tutorial, Devon had to do it a couple times through. Caleb died the first time in the tutorial because he pressed WADS too quickly without reading the screen.
- First death always happens quickly. Devon didn't understand getting hit by an enemy at first (it's not in the tutorial) 2nd play through he didn't understand that if he moves up to an enemy it will attack him immediately. 4th play though he got to the second level.
- Caleb is starting to pick up the game and play through as different character. Still trying to get the hang of each character, but has only played each once once or twice.
- "How do you use a potion?" "Oh, it's automatic." "Why did that potion refill my health?"
- "How much of this stuff can I blow up? Will I find anything if I explode the walls?" Proceeds to use bombs to no avail.
- Caleb says it reminds him of Hack/Slash/Loot but different. Same style, but a lot more interesting in that you choose different characters that do different things.
Andrew (16) was watching his brothers play and said "That looks like a really good game for being in Beta." Put that on your box cover :D
They both like the game through and are likely claiming 2 of your remaining downloads (I told them they could keep playing as long as they didn't hijack my computer.)